The incumbent is responsible to carry out the assigned engineering projects on new product development, current product improvement, preparing 3D CAD drawing with Creo, Bill of Material, product manual, engineering changes and provide cross-functional technical support and etc. The field of industry of this position is specifically for the swine sector.
- To undertake assigned engineering projects on design and development of new products (NPI), current products improvement and localization.
- Prepare engineering drawings with Creo 3D CAD tool, BOM, product manual, PNOT/PI.
- Build prototypes and samples for testing and validation.
- Execute engineering changes by ECR/ECN process and liaison with other departments on the change effect areas.
- Liaise, coordinate and follow up with internal cross-functional team and external to ensure smooth completion of assigned tasks to meet project timeline.
- Maintain and update the drawing and BOM timely to ensure engineering data accuracy at all times.
- Perform good filing system for electronic and hard copy documents and is easily retrievable.
- Provide cross-functional technical support on resolving product issues, material specification, sales support, production and quality.
- Ensure that products meet all mandatory legislation and safety standards and new products are protected under intellectual property.
- Carry out ad-hoc task assigned by superior from time to time.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 3 years experiences in product design and development in the Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Proficient and literate in Mandarin, and English, Bahasa Malaysia.
- Knowledge in engineering calculations, analysis and simulation tools.
- Proficient in using 3D CAD software preferably CREO and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge and experience in drawing and drafting standard.
- Able to work independently with minor supervision.
- Highly motivated with self-initiative to drive for results.