COMPANY : NEXUS REGENCY HOTEL & SUITES
ADDRESS : NO 2, JALAN PERIMBUN 27/11, TAMAN BUNGA NEGARA, ALAM MEGAH, SEKSYEN 27, 40400 SHAH ALAM.
SALARY : FROM RM1200
POSITION : COMMIS : Responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Discuss daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Informing the supervisor of malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment,
- Ensure that all food items are properly stored to prevent spoilage.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Help supervise kitchen helpers and apprentices.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Ensuring the operation and kitchen equipment is maintained at a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Understanding and adhering to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
KEEN TO APPLY, KINDLY SEND YOUR RESUME TO hr(AT)bwnexus.com.my