• Develop and follow up on sales leads, respond to RFP and convert them to sales wins
• Prepare cost sheet for logistics service inquiry and assist to prepare sales quotation to client
• Develop and cultivate business relationship with clients and increase the market share by providing innovative solutions and services
• Establish understanding of client requirement and actively promote the relevant services and solutions in accordance to business plan.
• Exceed the sales budget and activity targets by expanding new client base and increasing market share of existing clients.
• Undertake sales presentations to clients and business communities to present the company and its products and services.
• Establish relationships and develop business with new network agents, vendors and agents to increase service ability
• Source, compile and negotiate with network agents on ocean & air freight rates including local handling rates for import & export shipments
Other responsibilities include
• Ensure high level of communication and collaboration across the teams to deliver world class products and services.
• Collate information pertaining to current developments and trends on trade, commodities, clients, customers and competition.
• Assist in market studies and analysis to understand dynamics impacting the airfreight industry
You would be required to possess:
• Minimum a Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in in any field.
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in Freight, Logistics or Shipping environment.
• Ideally a strong interest in Logistics or Freight or Supply Chain
• Good communication skills and proficient in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
• Able to navigate MS Office include Excel, Word and PowerPoint