- Degree or Diploma with two (2) years related experience
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares journal and ledger entries.
- Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions.
- Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Sets up accounts, sub-accounts, and budgets.
- Compiles and prepares material to be sent to bank.
- Advises on and arranges payment schedules.
- Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements, and reports.
- Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors.
- Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems.
- Audits outstanding items.
- Prepares schedules, reports and financial statements.
- Makes recommendations on budget allocations. Supplies information and documentation to auditors.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their implementation and development to improve efficiency within the unit.
- Liaises with computer resource persons as required.
- Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets.
- Enters data and updates information.
Apply or contact for info: