The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the EU funded Children on the Move project and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of child protection programs/projects within the country program.
The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm and to protect their rights to survival, development and well being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child and international treaties/framework.
The Specialist specifically supports the development and preparation of the children affected by migration project in the Country Office and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of the project.
Support to program/project development and planning
- Support the preparation/design of the children affected by migration project to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on child protection issues related to this project are available to guide the strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts in the key priority areas for Malaysia, and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for this program/project using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations, including donor reports for program review and approval.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programs/projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Support verification and monitoring and evaluation missions by donors.
- Monitor and verify the optimum/appropriate use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Prepare regular/mandated program/project reports and update log frames for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Arrange/coordinate availability of technical experts with Regional Office/HQ/EU to ensure timely/appropriate support throughout the programming/projects process.
- Participate in child protection program meetings, , to review program progress and identify any necessary corrective actions.
- Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic program materials for programmatic and management use, information and/or consideration.
Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders, civil society organisations, global partners/allies/donors/academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results in child protection.
- In collaboration with communication section, prepare communication and information materials to promote awareness and establish partnership/alliances for country office program advocacy.
- Work with regional allies and partners including inter-governmental structures and civil society organisations to advocate for reforms in legislation and policy; if successful, these will entrench the rights provision for children affected by migration in national government structures.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best practices in child protection management and information systems. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programs and projects.
- Organize and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results in child protection and related programs/projects.
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification
- An Advanced University degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law and other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international level some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in child protection including children affected by migration and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN or EU system agency and or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia is required. Knowledge of another official international language or a local language is an asset.
Monthly Salary : RM13 000 - RM16 000
Kindly email your resume for application or please don't hesitate us to contact on http://www.wasap.my/+601126371652/