To cook and provide for well-balanced meals to all the ship’s complement where meals shall be of sufficient quantity, acceptable quality and be ready to be served in time as per the designated meal times on board.
Areas Of Accountability
- Issue required fresh and dry provisions for preparation of meals for the day.
- Directly responsible to the head of the department for the safe working practices of all personnel working under his charge.
- Report any undesired events, unsafe practices or near misses observed to the superior officer/s and attempt to rectify them if safely possible.
- He is to provide meals in time and to ensure they are properly cooked and presented.
- He must work closely with the Chief Officer in the preparation of a sensible and well-balanced menu.
- Ensures that the galley, fridge spaces, and storerooms are kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times and that any defects are reported immediately to the Chief Officer.
- Ensures that the fresh and dry provision workbook is compiled correctly.
- Ensures that any substances likely to create a fire hazard are promptly cleared up from the galley.
- He must assist and understudy the Chief Officer as and when necessary.
- Assist in receiving all the catering stores.
- Assist in onboard waste management activities as instructed by the shipboard management.
- To carry out other duties as directed by the Chief Officer.
- Applicants must be a Muslim.
- Applicants must have valid STCW certificates
- Valid marine medical, Petronas Medical, BOSIET, and OSP card
- Food Handling certificate
Those who meet the above requirements, please send a CV to us.