Head of engine room ratings. Provides communications link between the Engineers and the engine ratings.
Supervises the work carried out by the engine room ratings. Normally performs day work but may be required to keep an engine room watch as AWK to Engineer of the watch should the need arise.
Areas Of Accountability
- Responsible for the 2nd Engineer for the supervision of the Engine Room ratings.
- Ensure that all work carried out by the Engine Ratings is done in a proper, efficient and safe manner.
- Ensure that Engine Ratings are using the correct and proper tools for the job allocated.
- Ensure that Engine Ratings are wearing proper apparel when working and observe safe working practices.
- Participate and assist in the general planning of maintenance and operation of engine room machinery.
- Allocate planned maintenance work to the engine ratings daily and supervise all work.
- Assign engine ratings to assist the duty engineer/day work engineers when required.
- Report any undesired events, unsafe practices or near misses observed to the superior officer/s and attempt to rectify them if safely possible.
- Applicants must have seaman book
- Applicants must have valid STCW certificates.
- Valid Marine Medical, Petronas Medical, BOSIET and OSP card.
Those who meet the above requirements, please send CV to us