To handle and process all room reservation requests with the ultimate goal of achieving maximum occupancy and high average room rate.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- To ensure that all guests are provided with a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To handle all room reservation requests effectively and efficiently.
- Always upsell so as to achieve a higher average room rate against forecasted.
- To be conversant of all hotel activities, services and the layout of the hotel.
- To handle and maintain an up-to-date accurate reservation record including a record of advanced reservations.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date filing system.
- To process and send out reservations confirmations as required by guests.
- It is the duty of the Reservations Assistant to input all new reservation requests, amendments and cancellations into the computer system and ensuring that all transactions are accurate.
- To assist the Reservation Manger in the compilation of the statistic information for the Monthly Reservations Report.
- To handle and reply faxes and letters pertaining to room reservations.
- To follow up on all no-show reservations on the next day and to compile a report of the findings to the Reservation Manager.
- To keep and maintain the work place clean and tidy at all times.
- SPM and/or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Relevant work experience is an advantage.
- Excellent English oral communication skills.
- Able to work shifts / public holidays / weekends.